A look back at my first try at animating a cartoon
As long as I can remember I wanted to be a cartoonist. I watched them. I liked them. And I wanted to make them. Growing up I got the "How To Draw Cartoons" books. Most of them dealing with just how to draw a character. And if you wanted something more advanced they dealt more with doing it for comic books. But unless you had motion camera you were S.O.L. Except for the occasional flip-book animation you could make in a notebook to show your friends. When I was in high school there was a one-time course that was offered called "cartooning" that i took but it wasn't too helpful. You were basically taught how to do a flip-book on index cards. At the end of the 1 month class the teacher filmed them all together and played it for the class. I was happy to see something I did for once on film but didn't really learn anything. Cut to years later--- Christmas 2002 I got Flash 5 for my computer. This was the heyday of sites creating internet cartoons, Icebox...
Comments
Post a Comment