Batman and the city from Tom Ray on Vimeo. My thoughts on the phenomenon of "Sex and the City" in comparison of my anticipation of the upcoming Batman movie
As long as I can remember I wanted to be a cartoonist. I watched them. I liked them. And I wanted to make them. Growing up I got the "How To Draw Cartoons" books. Most of them dealing with just how to draw a character. And if you wanted something more advanced they dealt more with doing it for comic books. But unless you had motion camera you were S.O.L. Except for the occasional flip-book animation you could make in a notebook to show your friends. When I was in high school there was a one-time course that was offered called "cartooning" that i took but it wasn't too helpful. You were basically taught how to do a flip-book on index cards. At the end of the 1 month class the teacher filmed them all together and played it for the class. I was happy to see something I did for once on film but didn't really learn anything. Cut to years later--- Christmas 2002 I got Flash 5 for my computer. This was the heyday of sites creating internet cartoons, Icebox...
Overview Episode 3 of the internet cartoon series I started at the end of 2003 Called Xylus and Dexter in Space! It starred my kids Xylus and Dexter. Cartoon Concept In this Episode: The boys are still stranded on Mars. When they make an interesting discovery. Art I was still re-using a lot of the character art and backgrounds from the last 2 episodes. But in this one I had to create some new new expressions and poses for the boys and the castle interior background. Dexter with his arms crossed I used some picture I had found as a reference for the castle interior but I don't remember what it was. Castle interior I also had to create the new character Phineas Handela . I only started the character sketches for him and hadn't decided exactly how he would look yet. Luckily he was only a silhouette this time so I used the basic outline I had so far. Alien in the shadows Animation I was still really restrained in my squash and stretch abi...
Comments
Post a Comment